After popular demand on Instagram following my story on Valentine's Day, I present my creamy salmon & spinach pie. This is rich, indulgent and the perfect celebration supper. Serves 4 hungry foodies!
2 sustainably sourced salmon fillets
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp of chilli flakes
2 large handfuls of spinach
100ml of white wine
75ml of single cream
2 tbsps. of dijon mustard
1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp of nigella seeds
1 egg yolk
1 320g Jus-Rol Puff Pastry rolled sheet
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.Heat a frying pan over a low heat and drizzle the pan with olive oil.
2. Sauté the chopped onions till soft and translucent before adding your garlic, spinach and chilli flakes.
3. Once the spinach has wilted add your white wine. Leave to simmer for a minute before adding the cream, mustard and a generous pinch of salt & pepper.
4. Let the creamy mix thicken over a low heat for around 4 minutes, making sure to stir often to prevent curdling. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Place your pre rolled puff pastry over a loaf tin and gently push in to form the walls of your pie.
6. Pour half your cream mix into the pastry case, sprinkle with parsley and add the salmon. Pour over the remaining cream mix.
7. Fold over the remaining pastry, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with nigella seeds.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes till the pastry is puffed and crisp. Remove from tin and serve immediately with buttery broccolini!