For the cake:
• 4 eggs
• 175g of coconut oil
• 200ml of maple syrup
• 250g of spelt flour
• 50g of ground almonds
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2tsp of vanilla extract
• 2tsp of baking powder
• 150g of raspberries
• 3 sprigs of rosemary, one ground down to a powder in a pestle and mortar
• Generous pinch of salt
1. Line the bottom of a cake tin with baking parchment and butter the sides of the tin. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the maple syrup, spelt flour, ground almonds, rosemary, lemon juice & zest, salt and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the butter on a low heat, then add to the other ingredients. Stirring until all combined.
4. Crack eggs into a separate bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, pulse on a high setting till double inside and pale in colour.
5. Fold in the eggs (figure of eight movement) with the rest of the ingredients till its just combined.
6. Now add your baking powder.
7. Pour into the cake tin and scatter the raspberries evenly, so the whole surface of the cake mix is covered.
8. Bake in oven for 55 minutes. Once removed leave to cool in tin for ten minutes.
9. Slice round the edges of tin before removing the bottom and flipping the cake out onto a plate.